Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Examine and record energy use in their community.
- Estimate energy usage in a variety of contexts.
- Map energy-creating a visual representation of energy consumption in their community.
- Present data in meaningful context (map) and develop strategies for energy savings.
- Grades 4 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
7 - 10 hours over 3 days
- Internet enabled device
- Paper both legal and letter size
- Pencil and 3 different colour markers
- Map printout of perimeter or route