Conductors and Insulators
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Understand the difference between conductors and insulators
- Identify conductors and insulators
- Grades 5 - 8
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Conductors and Insulators Worksheet
- Battery (1.5 V) and holder
- Lightbulb (1.5 V) and holder
- 3 insulated copper wires stripped at both ends
- Distilled water
- Salt, milk, soft drink, juice, sugar
- Pencil, piece of wood, plastic pen, wire, spoon, or other materials to test 5 labelled beakers
- Wire strippers
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.