Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Describe the different part of the atom
- Understand how electrons move through wire
- Predict which materials (metal or plastic) have atoms that move easily or not
- Describe and define the concept of voltage
- Grades 5 - 8
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Electron Flow Backgrounder
- Electron Flow Learner Worksheet
- Sweater or something on which to rub the balloon
- String or wool