Lending a Hand
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Understand the basics to microfinance, sustainability, credit unions, banks, and the 5 C’s of credit
- Apply their knowledge and research to determine which borrower they want to support, and which microfinance organization they want to utilize
- Learn the fundamentals of calculating compound interest for loans and payments
Grades 7 to 10
Length of Activity
1 - 2 hours
- Internet-enabled device
- Lending a Hand Activity Outline (Educator Resource)
- Lending a Hand Backgrounder & Worksheet (Learner Resource)
- Lending a Hand Challenge Activities & Worksheet (Learner Resource)