The Carbon Cycle
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Describe matter cycles in terms of the stages and processes by which specific atoms are withdrawn from a source, are incorporated into the tissues of living organisms, and return to their original source
- Construct a simple diagram to represent the carbon cycle
- Identify some of the ways in which human activity may change the carbon cycle and the issue involved with that change
- Grades 5 - 8
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Matter Cycles Backgrounder
- The Carbon Cycle Backgrounder
- The Carbon Caper Article
- The Carbon Cycle Learner Worksheet
- The Carbon Cycle Learner Answer Key
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.