Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Explore various methods for choosing battery combinations to operate an electrical device and the effects of battery combinations on the life of the battery and the operation of the electrical device
- Describe the most effective battery combination for powering an electrical device
- Discover the advantages and disadvantages to connecting batteries in series or in parallel in circuits
- Grades 5 - 8
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Virtual Circuits Learner Activity Instructions
- Virtual Circuits Learner Worksheet