Climate Change in London and Area
Climate Change Where I Live
- Trouble With Bubbles video: This video illustrates what London's current annual greenhouse gas emissions — around 3.1 million tonnes per year as of 2013 — looks like.
- London’s Climate Change Adaptation Strategy, Reducing flood risk through proactive design:
- The Health Impacts of Climate Change in Middlesex-London: Health risks from climate change are growing for people living in Middlesex County and London and actions are needed to address potential impacts. General warming is expected to lead to specific health risks; for example, more smog in southern Ontario in the absence of further pollutant emissions controls. You can download the Summary Report or the Full Report at:
- Oxford County Commits to 100% renewable energy by 2050:
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture on climate change in Oxford County
- A short statement from the Ontario Federation of Agriculture on how climate change is and will affect agriculture in Ontario:
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture, Climate Change Backgrounder Document:
Some organizations you might want to contact in conducting your inquiry and finding out about environmental action in London:
- Reforest London is a non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance environmental and human health through the benefits of trees. Trees act as carbon sinks, alleviating the greenhouse gas effect (the second link has some good data):
Activity link under private class group.