Back to the Future
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Investigate how their food reaches them via modes of transportation
- Explore the pros and cons of historical, present day, and future alternatives to how we move freight
- Consider how to revitalize older modes of transportation in ways that could reduce our impact on the environment
- Envision a different future and explore sustainable ways to transport freight
- Grades 4 - 7
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Energy Needs: The Ways We Use Energy Backgrounder
- Energy and the Environment: The Impacts of Our Energy Use Backgrounder
- Taking Action: Personal Choices About Energy Use Backgrounder
- Moving Goods Cards Printout with Answer Key
- Three of the case studies from the Sustainable Transportation Case Studies Backgrounder: Go Fly a Kite, Building Bikes and Bearing Food, and Getting Charged About Electric
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.