Build a Biogas Generator
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
Identify the purpose of and specific requirements for making a biogas generator
- List the steps needed to construct a biogas generator
- Describe why biogas is considered a source of renewable energy
Science 9: Electrical Principles and Technologies
Science 30: Energy and the Environment (D1.4, D1.5k, D1.3s, D2.3k, D2.4k, D2.1sts, D2.3s, D2.4s)
Science & Technology 7: Heat in the Environment (1.2)
Environmental Science 11: Scientific Solutions to Contemporary Environmental Challenges (U/C Preparation) (B1.2)
- Conservation of Energy (U/C Preparation) (F1.2)
- Energy Conservation (Workplace Preparation) (D1.2)
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Biomass Energy Backgrounder
- Materials and tools to build the biogas generator as outlined in the Construction Plan
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.