Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Describe the process of aerobic and anaerobic respiration
- Recognize that heat is a form of energy
- Explain the process by which energy from food is converted
- Describe a procedure for observing the respiration of live plant cells
- Recognize that carbohydrates, fats and proteins in food are sources of energy
- Compare combustion of fossil fuels to cellular respiration
- Grades 9 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Cellular Respiration Backgrounder
- Cellular Respiration Learner Activity Instructions
- Cellular Respiration Learner Worksheet