Exploring Energy Storage in Your Community (Spiral Inquiry)
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Discover the implementation of energy storage in their communities
- Investigate various types of energy and present their findings to the class
- Collaborate amongst peers to develop their own focus question(s) and inquiry plan
Science 7: Interactions and Ecosystems
Science 8: Mic and Flow of Matter
Science 9: Matter and Chemical Change; Electrical Principles and Technologies
Science 10: Energy and Matter in Chemical Change; Energy Flow in Technological Systems; Energy Flow in Global Systems; Stewardship
Science 11: Science Technology and Society
Science 12: Chemistry and the Environment; Energy and the Environment
Social Studies 10-1: To
what extend should we embrace globalization? 10-2: Living in a
Length of Activity
5 - 7 hours
- Internet-enabled device
- Energy Storage 101 Backgrounder
- Energy Storage Inquiry Worksheet
- Spiral Inquiry Additional Resources
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.