Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Describe the role of the major food molecules, their digestion and storage
- Describe the tests used to identify whether a food item contains sugars, starches, fats and proteins
- Describe the process used to test the heat content of food items
- Grades 9 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Food Analysis Backgrounder
- Food Analysis Learner Activity Instructions
- Food Analysis Learner Worksheet
Download the Food Analysis Activity PDF for full experiment/demonstration breakdown of materials.
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.