Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Compare daily energy requirements of individuals at various stages of growth and activity levels
- Describe metabolism (catabolic and anabolic)
- Describe the factors that affect metabolism
- Describe the metabolic process in muscles
- Grades 9 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Human Metabolism Backgrounder
- Human Metabolism Learner Activity Instructions
- Human Metabolism Learner Worksheet
- Aquarium thermometers