Knowing Energy: Stair Climb
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Understand the concepts of energy and power and their associated units and terms
- Complete a stair climbing experiment to test and measure your own energy and power
- Practice utilizing equations to answer basic energy questions in their worksheet
- Grades 3 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- General Overview Guide
- Stair Climb Learner Worksheet
- Stair Climb Learner Worksheet Answer Key
- Stairs you can easily measure
- Scale to weigh yourself