Knowing Energy: Tea at Home
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Complete a tea at home experiment to calculate the amount of energy required to make a cup of tea
- Practice utilizing equations to answer basic energy questions in their worksheet
- Grades 3 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
30 minutes - 1 hour
- General Overview Guide
- Tea at Home Learner Worksheet
- Tea at Home Learner Worksheet Answer Key
- Coffee maker or kettle with room temperature water
- Kettle Wattage on kettle label (assume 1,500 Watts otherwise, if not provided)
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.