Once Upon a Bike
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Make connections between culture, history, infrastructure and governance and their relative influence on the role of cycling in communities
- Set criteria and then make a selection about who to interview on biking
- Conduct an interview based on a student-generated or student-modified questionnaire
- Identify what affects choices, to understand obstacles and to suggest solutions to biking challenges
- Grades 4 - 7
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Energy Needs: The Ways We Use Energy Backgrounder
- Energy and the Environment: The Impacts of Our Energy Use Backgrounder
- Taking Action: Personal Choices About Energy Use Backgrounder
- Journals or other graphic organizers
- Cycling: True or False? Worksheet
- Keys to a Good Interview Handout
- Permission Form for Guardians (see sample at the end)
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.