Take Action: Plant a Tree
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Learn about importance of planting trees to combat flooding
- Follow a detailed guide on how to plant trees on school grounds or at home/community gardens
- Learn about the importance of protecting existing trees and promote their function to their peers and guardians
- Identify areas in their school grounds where they can plant new trees to pump water, reduce flooding and runoff
- Grades 5 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
1.5 – 2 hours
- Internet-enabled Device
- Flood:ED Backgrounder
- Assessment Rubric
- Planting bags (optional – for carrying seedlings comfortably)
- Rain jacket (optional)
- Gardening gloves
- Watering can or water hose if accessible
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.