Preparing for Flood Resilience
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Learn what municipalities and authorities are doing to make their cities more resilient to flooding
- Learn the importance of flood risk management planning for their schools
- Understand the volume of water that falls during a rain event in their school area
- Understand the meaning of permeable, what that means to flood resilience and how to calculate the area of your school that is permeable
- Grades 5 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
4 – 5 hours
- Internet-enabled device
- Assessment Rubric
- Flood:ED Backgrounder
- How Much Rain Falls? Worksheet
- How Much Surface in Your School is Permeable? Activity Resource
Note: You will need to complete the Flooding Mapping Activity first to complete this activity (which can be found under “Activity Step 3”).