Preparing for Flood Resilience
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Learn what municipalities and authorities are doing to make their cities more resilient to flooding
- Learn the importance of flood risk management planning for their schools
- Understand the volume of water that falls during a rain event in their school area
- Understand the meaning of permeable, what that means to flood resilience and how to calculate the area of your school that is permeable
- Grades 5 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
4 – 5 hours
- Internet-enabled device
- Assessment Rubric
- Flood:ED Backgrounder
- How Much Rain Falls? Worksheet
- How Much Surface in Your School is Permeable? Activity Resource
Note: You will need to complete the Flooding Mapping Activity first to complete this activity (which can be found under “Activity Step 3”).
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.