Speak for the Trees
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Understand how trees are natural carbon sinks
- Describe the amount of CO2 a typical tree can absorb
- Identify the amount of CO2 emissions caused by our daily energy usage
- Grades 7 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
2 - 3.5 hours
- Plug in energy meter or circuit level energy metering technology
- Energy Calculator
- Comparing GHGs to Trees Background Information
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.