Take a Look
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Demonstrate safe methods for the study of magnetism and electricity, identify methods for measurement and control, and apply techniques for evaluating magnetic and electrical properties of material.
- Recognize that the amount of electricity we use in our homes is measured in kilowatt hours.
- Interpret and explain the treading on a household electrical meter, efficiency labels on electrical appliances.
- Grades 4 - 6
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
1.5 - 2 hours
- Energy metering technology
- Pencil and paper