Walk a Mile
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Understand the concept of an ecological footprint
- Explore the relationship between everyday lifestyle choices and energy consumption
- Consider the impact of our own lifestyle choices and energy consumption on the planet
- Grades 4 - 7
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- Internet-enabled device
- Energy and the Environment: The Impacts of Our Energy Use Backgrounder
- What are Carbon Critters Driving? Handout
- A paper foot of a Carbon Critter as an example for learners
- Heavy paper or card stock
- Coloured markers