Flooding Mapping Tour
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Take a walking tour, using a Checklist and Study Area Map to identify, count and take pictures of the human-made and natural things in the flooding infrastructure
- Understand first hand what constitutes flooding infrastructure in our locality
- Grades 5 - 12
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
1.5 – 2 hours
- Activity Backgrounder (for reference)
- Internet Enabled Device (for Google Maps)
- A printer (optional if choosing to print the map)
- Flooding Checklist (attached below)
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.