The Nitrogen Cycle
Download the activity files below for a quick start or scroll down to take the online lesson format of this activity.
Please click the View this Activity button above to login/create an account or to begin.
By the end of this activity, learners will:
- Describe matter cycles in terms of the stages and processes by which specific atoms are withdrawn from a source, are incorporated into the tissues of living organisms, and return to their original source
- Construct simple diagrams to represent the nitrogen cycle
- Identify some of the ways in which human activity may change in the nitrogen cycle and the issue involved with that change
- Grades 5 - 8
- Click here for a detailed description of the curriculum connections
Length of Activity
- The Nitrogen Cycle Backgrounder
- The Nitrogen Cycle Worksheet
- The Nitrogen Cycle Worksheet Answer Key
Online Lesson Format
Activity link under private class group.